For osteopathic students:
- When planning their thesis, the database can help students to find out about similar projects that have already been done, allowing them to build on those past results instead of repeating them.
- Students are more motivated to write a dissertation by the knowledge that the perspective of their work will add to the profession's knowledge base.
- Defining areas which have been neglected by research and working in these fields rather than doing yet another project on low back pain.
For the schools:
- What helps the students in their research also helps the school.
- The research work done at a specific school can become widely known.
- The school can sell copies of the full text of the studies
For the osteopathic community:
- This is most obvious: Osteopaths all over the world gain access to a growing database of osteopathic research that can be referenced in writing, teaching discussion.
- The development of multicentered international research projects can be coordinated with the help of this database.